How *YOU* Can Help:
While we are always seeking forever adoptive homes for animals in need, we are also in need of many other things and there are numerous ways you can help ESAR save lives...
1. ALWAYS MOST APPRECIATED: You can make simple monetary donations via paypal for the animals. Unlike larger groups, every single penny goes toward
animal care and saving lives, as the staff is all volunteer. Just click below! (Also remember to contact your employer as many companies match charitable donations made by their staff!)
2. You can participate in our volunteer opportunities:
Staffing Events - Year round we need volunteers to help staff our public weekend events at Unleashed locations on the UES and the UWS! We need people willing to handle dogs, talk to the public, answer questions, walk dogs, monitor cages, and take applications for our awesome adoptables!
Email us at: [email protected]
Volunteer Drivers - If you have a car (or a zipcar account!) and are willing to donate your vehicle and time, we would love to have you drive for us! Whether it be to events or to a home visit to get an animal into his or her forever home, driving around with us is always a good time!
Email us at: [email protected]
3. You can become a foster parent:
We are always in need of foster homes for our precious critters - Cats and Dogs alike!
4. You can do a little shopping for yourself with iGive or Amazon Smile:
5. You can help us get the word out and recruit others to help! Get your friends to volunteer, get them to adopt, get them to foster, get them to donate, get them to care, get them to spread the word!!! We are thankful for any and all. Just share this page on social media with your contacts by clicking below:
6. You can donate basic supplies (new or gently used) like the following items. These items can be dropped off at any of our adoption events. However, if you are running short on time, you can try our amazon wish list to streamline the process and have what we most need now sent right too us!)
Supplies always needed:
Metal or plastic crates and travel bags
Pet beds and or crate liners
Natures Miracle spray
Wet cat food
Dry cat food
Wet dog food
Dry dog food
Cat litter and pans
Bleach and Sprays
Jingle balls/toy mice/fun safe cat toys
Kongs, new dog chews, dolls, etc
Disposable cardboard scratchers
Pet deodorizing sprays
Items for charitable auctions
This list grows and changes all the time, so check back often to see what we're in need of! If you would like to donate any of these items directly to the shelter, please contact us at [email protected].
7. You can donate a Kuranda Pet Bed directly to the shelter. These are great for the dogs comfort while still in containment during medical treatments or post surgery:
Upon checkout, you may choose to make this donation on behalf of someone else. Simply enter their name and address on the shipping page during checkout and we will mail them a Gift Acknowledgement Card on your behalf, free of charge.
Check Back Often for Updates!
Eve's Sanctuary Animal Rescue (ESAR):
New York, NY 10037
Mon - Fri: By Appointment
Sat: 1pm-7pm Events (weather permitting)
Sun: 1pm-7pm Events (weather permitting)